If the owners of Android devices can directly transfer music from the PC directly to the smartphone, then in the case of Apple gadgets, the situation is completely different. Every user learns iTunes, which is not simple and confusing at first glance. To avoid such confusion and problems, let’s look at how to download music from your computer to your iPhone with and without iTunes.
What formats do iPhone and iTunes understand?
We would like to note that iTunes does not work with all, but with many modern audio file formats. So, we are 100% sure that these smartphones support: MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless. The situation is sad with the popular WMA and FLAC formats.
Transfer music from your computer to your iPhone
Music can inspire, delight, and make you think, and many of you can’t imagine a day without your favorite music tracks. When it comes to transferring music from a laptop or PC to a new iPhone, there are many proven and fast ways to do this. It doesn’t matter if you want to do this with or without iTunes, this article will cover all the methods in detail.
- We connect our smartphones to personal computers.
- Check the version of the program and launch iTunes. If the app asks for an update, feel free to make an update and restart the computer.
- We confirm our Trust in this PC if a request appears on the screen.
- Click on the icon with the device in the form of a smartphone, select our device and go to its page.
- Click the File in the upper left corner and a drop-down menu should appear.
- Click on Add a folder to the library.
- Click on our music folder.
- Go to the Music tab in the Settings section in the left pane of iTunes.
- We check the Sync music checkbox and the All music library checkbox to make sure that all the music is transferred.
- We apply it by clicking on the corresponding item at the bottom right.
Now the user will be able to open all the selected songs on their device, even if there is no Internet connection.
In principle, any music player can be used instead of this player. Its main advantage over others is the ability to play the FLAC format with high-quality sound.
- Download the player to your iPhone.
- Connect it to your PC and launch iTunes, go to the smartphone management menu.
- We find the left part of the window and the Shared files section.
- In the list of programs, we will find our music player by selecting it with 1 click. On the right, there will be a window where we drag the songs we are interested in.
- iTunes starts syncing automatically. When it’s finished, launch AcePlayer and go to Documents.
- The music will also appear in the player.
All PC users have heard about the popular VLC player. So, it is also available for iOS gadgets. If your laptop and smartphone are connected to a shared network, you can use them to transfer music.
- Install the VLC for the Mobile program.
- We launch it, before that we activate the option to share files via Wi-Fi. To do this, tap on the player’s Menu button in the upper-left corner, then switch the toggle switch near Wi-Fi Access to the working position.
- You should pay attention to the network address. You will need to enter it on your PC in the browser and click on it.
- In the window that opens, add our tracks (immediately drag and drop or click on the plus signs).
- As soon as the tracks are imported, the syncing process starts automatically. As soon as it is completed, we launch the player on your smartphone.
- Install the Dropbox app from the company’s App Store on our smartphone.
- We transfer songs to the dropbox folder on the PC and wait for syncing to finish.
- Now run the program on your iPhone. When syncing is complete. The files will also appear on the device. The only drawback is that you need an Internet connection.
- If you want to listen without the Internet, export the tracks to another app.
iTools is an alternative to iTunes with a simple interface and support for the Russian language. Using it:
- Connect the iPhone to a personal computer, and run the utility itself. In the left part of the program, find the Music tab, and select Import from the top.
- The file Explorer window will appear in front of you. In it, we need to select the tracks of interest and confirm the copying process.
- At the end of the copying process, we check the result – all tracks will be on mount Athos in the Music program.
- First, let’s make sure that the gadget has a reliable Internet connection.
- Enter any site with the ability to listen to music in the browser’s address bar.
- Find the song you like and download it for free.
- Tap on the download button on the site and the built-in UC Browser player will start the song playback process.
- Click on Watch offline to start loading the track into your smartphone’s memory. We watch the green indicator, when the download is complete, the bar should reach the end.
- The key feature of the browser is that after you lose your Internet connection, you can finish downloading later.
- The uploaded song is located in Tools-Download path-Music.
Via instant messengers
- First, download the iTransfer program from the company store. It has a lot of ads, which you can get rid of by paying 220 rubles.
- Launch the app and select Music Library. It will display all tracks that are uploaded to iTunes. All songs are divided into albums, playlists, and artists.
- Open the desired playlist and tap on Select in the upper-right corner.
- Select the appropriate song.
- At the bottom in the right corner, there is an Open In item. By clicking on it, you will see a list of apps, including instant messengers.
- After selecting the desired messenger, open the desired contact and confirm that the song has been sent to it.
There may be situations when transferring music is not possible or there is some error that you don’t know how to deal with. It is in such cases that we recommend:
- Update the software. Make sure that the latest firmware version is installed on your iPhone, then try again to start the synchronization process.
- Merge media files. Tracks can be located in different directories. We combine them to ensure that the files are stored in the same folder, then try again to upload them to the iPhone.
- Check for errors with third-party security SOFTWARE. It is the third-party security software that most often interferes with the synchronization process between a personal computer and a smartphone. We change the security software setting and try again to fill in the music.